Dual USB keys

MrDeathStar

Can DAQFactory identify two USB keys?  We are using USB keys for our runtime licenses and developer licenses.  The runtime license is typically plugged into a computer locked in the equipment cabinet.  An external USB connector provides cabled access to this PC.  When I insert the developer USB key, I was hoping it would override the 'runtime' license and allow me to make local code modifications.  Alas, DAQFactory reports that the license it finds is only runtime...I need to remove the internal USB key before it will detect the developer license.  If we had installed the runtime directly (without using a USB key) would this have operated as expected?  Your comments/thoughts are appreciated...thank you.

No, it definitely cannot.  However, for your situation you may be able remove the Runtime key and then insert the development key.  Even if you don't do this quickly, DAQFactory will prompt you to reinsert your key once you remove the runtime key.  Then when you put the development key in and try to switch to development mode, it should check the key.  But, truthfully, I've never tried it, so just give it a try and tell us how it worked.  Reverse the process to get back to runtime.

Also, are you running Developer or just a development version of DAQFactory on the hardware key?  I ask because if you are using Developer you don't need the runtime license on the hard key.  Its already in the document you created.

Archived