Graphing from left to right

dle

Simply uncheck the box on the bottom axis settings that says "Use Time Width" then specify an absolute start and stop time.  I'd consider using a variable to set the start of the experiment, and put that in the Scale From, then use an absolute offset for the Scale To, for example if your experiment was 60 seconds: variableName + 60 

I'm using channel that has 100000 history points and using D to A I/O type. from the graph, I set

y expression = mychannel

x expression = Time

The bottom axis I set

From = SysTime()

To = Systime() + 60

The trace will not show on the graph, but if I check the time with box then the graph will show

Maybe I'm not sure what you mean by traces running from left to right.  I'm thinking you mean that the graph starts empty, then it shows a little trace on the left side of the graph, and over time, that line gets longer and longer heading towards the right side of the graph.  If you think about it, in this case the bottom axis scaling is static.  It doesn't change.  The left side (scale from) is the start time, and the right side is some time in the future.  You can't use systime() because its always changing and causes the whole axis to shift.

" I'm thinking you mean that the graph starts empty, then it shows a little trace on the left side of the graph, and over time, that line gets longer and longer heading towards the right side of the graph."

Yes, it what I meant. 

Using SysTime(), the the present of time starts from the right of the graph and the past is on the left side. There is no problem with that. It just the way the graph moving make viewer think its origin is on the right side.   

Archived