Hi

In my PLC i have stored 100 recipes with 100 ingredients each.

If i were to make a channel for each ingredient that would come to 10,000 channels (100x100)

All the recipes have simlar naming conventions e.g

Recipe 1:

[Ringrose_Stockfoods]RECIPE[1].B1_WT,L1,C1

[Ringrose_Stockfoods]RECIPE[1].B2_WT,L1,C1

[Ringrose_Stockfoods]RECIPE[1].B3_WT,L1,C1

Recipe 2:

[Ringrose_Stockfoods]RECIPE[2].B1_WT,L1,C1

[Ringrose_Stockfoods]RECIPE[2].B2_WT,L1,C1

[Ringrose_Stockfoods]RECIPE[2].B3_WT,L1,C1

Recipe 2:

[Ringrose_Stockfoods]RECIPE[3].B1_WT,L1,C1

[Ringrose_Stockfoods]RECIPE[3].B2_WT,L1,C1

[Ringrose_Stockfoods]RECIPE[3].B3_WT,L1,C1

Have you any suggestions how to get my recipes into DAQFactory.

I guess i'm after a menu where i can select recipe 1 and it will display all the ingredients in recipe 1 which i could then edit.

If you know of any documentation i should read on the topic please point me in that direction

Thanks.

Well, first read the blog post on recipes that just went up yesterday. It includes a sample too. Its at:

http://www.azeotech.com/board/index.php?showtopic=3296

I would probably use a similar internal structure as the sample, i.e. don't use channels, but instead use a variable. A single variable could hold all your recipes. Indexing into the array would allow you to access / edit any recipe element. Anyhow, check out the sample and feel free to post any questions that may arise as you try and integrate it into your system.

Hmm, looking at your post more, how are you communicating to your PLC? Through OPC? Can you use Modbus or other protocol that DAQFactory natively supports? Which PLC do you have? If you are stuck with OPC, can you set up each recipe as a single array tag instead of 100 individual tags?

Archived