Urgent help: ELEVATOR MONITORING

What sort of hardware is on the elevators that is taking this data. Presumably the control system? What sort of connectivity does it have? RS485? Ethernet? What protocols does it support? Are all 100 elevators in a single building?

Hi Guru, thanks for reply.

There s system which have monitoring elevators in 100 buildings (two elevators in one building in one town)

Elevators have induction 3 phases engine (3 x 220 V AC measurement values 0-10 mA output)

Current OUTPUT 0-10 mA

Temperature - 40 + 100 Celsius Degree (could be implement with voltage electrical Values)

And 20 OUTPUT values 0-10 mA (KK1....KK20 )

All this signals (30 signals from 0-10 mAmps DC) is OUTPUT from any of elevators from any of buildings

In centar places, in control room need monitoring over PC all 30 signals from all 100 buildings (and elevator)

Any idea?

Gordan,

kikakika27@yahoo.com

Well, the tricky part is the hardware, not the software. Do you have internet / ethernet between all the buildings, or are you going to need wireless / radios? Is it exactly 30 signals, or more. The reason I ask is that the first devices off the tip of my tongue have either 14 or 16 inputs each, so if its 28 not 30, you'd have two choices, though truthfully there are other manufacturers. First things first though is how the buildings are connected. This will largely determine whether you need ethernet based devices or serial devices.

Also, are you going to have a PC at each of the 100 buildings, or just one in a central location?

Hi Guru,

Thanks for reply. Theres internet between 80% buildings. Other (20%) should found whats best solution (internet or wirelles). Its solution with one PC in centar location. Which solution is appropriated?

Thanks in advanced

Gordan,

kikakika27@yahoo.com

If you are unconcerned with redundancy, i.e. if the internet connection goes down, lost data is not a problem, I would consider the Ethernet data acquisition modules from SeaLevel.com (under distributed I/O). You'd need one Ethernet module and one equivilent 485 module daisy chained to the ethernet module for each site giving you 32 analog inputs per site. If you only need 28 analogs, consider the LabJack UE9 as well. Either choice will cost between $800 and $1200 per site.

That all said, you might also consider actually putting a PC at each site. This would gain you two things:

1) you could use cheaper, USB, serial or PCI based DAQ devices instead of Ethernet

2) you could log locally, so if the internet connection goes down, you don't lose anything

Considering you can buy a computer capable of running DAQFactory for under $300 and two LabJack U3's (at 16 inputs each) for about $100 each, or $500 total, PC and DAQ, you are actually cheaper than the direct method. However, there is the added setup time of 100 PCs.

Either way, DAQFactory will work for you. If you do a single central PC, then you'd probably just need a license for DAQFactory Pro. If you do the multiple PC method, you'd probably want DAQFactory Developer so you can put runtimes on each PC.

hi Guru,

I m asking about any kind of example, where can be found?

(examples which represent electrical 3 phases enginee drive, or

example elevator, or any kind of convoaer, ar any other examples

like above represent developed on DacFactory like water sample)

thank in advance.

Gordan

kikakika27@yahoo.com

I'm afraid not. There are so many different applications for DAQFactory that we cannot possibly create one for all of them. Truthfully, most applications are somewhat the same, though perhaps with different graphics. A lot will look like the various parts of the water sample. To see animation and things moving across the screen, check out the ProcessDiagram sample.

PS: you probably don't want to post your email on forums. There are spam harvesting programs that scan the web for email addresses. This is why you won't find our email anywhere on our website and instead use a form to allow people to contact us. If you'd like I can pull your email from the posts.

Archived