Adding Mcomputing Channel

I downloaded the 5.78 version of Daq sometime ago and have been programming with it. I am having a problem adding an Measurement computing channel to my program. In the older version this option of channel types was listed but it isnt in the new one. Also, when I load an older program created it shows the option of mcomputing in the channel types, but if i try to click on it I get kicked out of Daqfactory. Could you help me resolve this problem?

Thank you

• 6 years later...

The MComputing driver is not installed by default. Rerun the 5.78 installer, and when it lists the components, make sure to check Measurement Computing under Devices.

I'm trying to install 5.87c and I cannot see the MComputing component in the installer. Is it no longer supported?

Not so much.  It will work with legacy MComputing devices, but not any of their newer stuff, especially the USB.  I would consider using an alternative manufacturer.  LabJack.com makes good quality USB devices in the realm of what MComputing makes.  Otherwise, look to find devices that support Modbus.  This generic protocol is supported by a wide variety of devices as well as DAQFactory.

Not so much.  It will work with legacy MComputing devices, but not any of their newer stuff, especially the USB.  I would consider using an alternative manufacturer.  LabJack.com makes good quality USB devices in the realm of what MComputing makes.  Otherwise, look to find devices that support Modbus.  This generic protocol is supported by a wide variety of devices as well as DAQFactory.

Thanks. We do use LabJack for DAQ. 

We have a MComputing PCI board for thermocouple reading. It was used in a very old computer (running very old DAQFactory), and this computer died recently. I moved the PCI board to a new computer and installed DAQFactory 5.87c. The old ctl file cannot work saying it's missing MComputing.dll. Is there a way to make it work?

Thanks!

Archived