Sign in to follow this  
Sanchez

Display PDF files within DAQFactory

Hi,

My application runs on full screen mode on a touch screen panel, we don't want the user to go to Windows to play around so the only way they can go to Windows is by pluging in a keyboard or if they have a password that I put to close DAQFactory. However, we need to display some manuals in pdf format, the way I am doing that is with a button with this code:

system.ShellExecute("C:\IPC11000\I&Os\MyManual.pdf")

However this opens the PDF reader on top of DAQFactory therefore exposing Windows to the user.

Is there a way to display PDF files inside a DAQFactory window? just like the help displays HTML.

Thanks

You could use system.helpwindow(). This displays a popup with a browser in it. The browser has no transport controls and gives you no access to anything else but what you specify. You can, instead of specifying and HTML file, specify a PDF and the browser will fire up Acrobat inside it and display the PDF.

That works perfectly! :rolleyes:

Is this a feature of the latest versions? I think before with version 5.35 you couldn't do that.

Thanks

I don't remember. I'd have to look at the revision list. 5.35 is several years old and I don't remember that far back. I guess I'm showing my age :rolleyes: My guess is it came in under 5.70.