DTMF Tones

ccdubs

Actually, the TAPI code does not do DTMF generation, just DTMF detection. Though truthfully I'm not sure you could use the TAPI to get the tones to a radio since you'd have to have a dial tone I believe. One possibility for you is to digitally record the DTMF tones into WAV files and then use the system.sound() function to play them through the default windows sound device, which you could then somehow wire into the radio.

Hi Support,

Thanks for the answer, while not tested it appears that this would actually be quite simple to do using any of the multitudes of freeware DTMF generators on the web.

Coupling the sound card to the radio auxilliary input wouldn't be too hard either.

I didn't search for them, but if they are standalone executables that will take the full string of tones you need from the command line and quit, you might just want to trigger the external program using System.ShellExecute() instead of trying to prerecord them. Then you could dynamically specify the tones from within DAQFactory. Of course if you created a wave file for each tone you could dynamically do it too, and it'd be a bit more reliable, though perhaps not quite as fast.

Archived