Transparent Background Color?

For what? For many components it is pure white, but if you have a bitmap image, its a BMP not a GIF internally so there is no transparency. The only way to get transparency is to use a vector image as a windows metafile like the symbol library does. I believe there are still WMF editors available on the web. Illustrator 6.0 used to do WMF but I'm not sure about the later versions as I haven't checked.

• 1 month later...

I am trying to create some symbols with various images (jpg,Bmp); Using Photo Shop to produce the image as a Gif with transparent background and Illustrator to Export the file as WMF. When I import the file into symbol factory , the symbol is shown, but dragging the symbol into a blank-page workspace only produces a "blank" symbol box (which I only found by selecting all and seeing there was an outline). Whats the deal there? How do I use Illustrator to get the transparent background as you have mentioned in the last post here?

Adobe photo shop was the easiest way for me to get the image to have a transparent background via the wizard available. I know nothing about graphic editors.

DAQFactory doesn't currently support transparent GIFs (or PNGs). The only way to do transparency is to create a vector drawing using Illustrator (or another WMF editor). Anything coming out of photoshop is NOT a vector drawing, even if you push it through illustrator. A vector drawing would be one created in Illustrator or other similar app that uses lines, boxes, etc and no gradient fills or pasted bitmaps from photoshop or paint.

• 2 years later...

Your Software is really great, as my personal opinion, the only recomendation I could give is to add png transparency support. It is really helpfull when you're tryng to create a good and user-friendly screen interface. As I couldn't find any suggestions section on the web page I decided to post this suggestion here. I hope Azeotech keep that in mind, on my experience, that's the only reason why I still use Wonderware.

Archived