Logging Data Using Triangle T100MD+ (uRgeNt!!)

Khalis

I'm new in this field..currently I'm using daqfactory to monitor company's pilot plant system..The system communicate in MODBUS protocol where there a sensor to send data to the slave device and then store temporarily into Triangle's memory (act as a Master MOSBUS RTU). I configured the daqfactory logging setting to log the data to the disk. The problem is the daqfactory unable to log the data and an error C1011 came out with an explanation 'unable to modify the file....it is read only'..for your information, i used ODBC database to store the data. And I used Trilogy as device type to communicate with the Triangle. If Im wrong, I hope that someone can come up with something that can help me out...thank you...

First I should say that data acquisition and data logging are two different entities in DAQFactory. If you are getting data into DAQFactory but getting errors on logging than it doesn't really matter what hardware you are using and the problem has nothing to do with the hardware.

That said, I'm guessing that somewhere in your ODBC setup you are not making the database read/write. It might be in the ODBC setup (maybe you need a user / password with write rights), or it might be in the database setup itself.

Either way, the problem is with the database, not with the trilogi device.

Firstly, I would like to thank for the reply..but if you don't mind, can you give me a further example and explanation how to create database using the ODBC..for your information, I'm only use the daqfactory user guide manual to guide me to create the database..for me the explanation in that manual too limited.. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately I cannot as I don't even know what database program you are using, say MySQL, Access, MSSQL, Oracle, etc. Each one does things differently. The issue you are having is with the database and is likely outside the scope of what I can help you with. If you are not familier with databases, I have to ask then why you are logging to a database in the first place. Most people log to a database when there is another program that will query that database, or they know SQL well and will do queries themselves.

In this project I try to create database program using access..I need to log the reading from a several devices to a database so that I able to access the database using ordinary program such as excel or access. below are steps that I used to create the database:

1)open administrative tool

2)open data source (ODBC)

3)select system DSN and then add using Microsoft Access Driver (.mdb)

4)give a name for data source name (reference for the daqfactory to create a table then save the reading that I selected)

in daqfactory, I used a button to execute the data logging program for example

logging.(mydataloggingname).start()

i just did as simple as that..what I did was I just followed the manual given only without thinking if there is additional things that need to be added in the sequence..For your information i'm electrical/electronics background, so I'm new in making database..word like SQL still alien to me..I hope you can guide me..thank you

as far as i know, i just let the SQL parameters in its default setting..maybe it is not because table problem but during logging data process, the daqfactory seemed unable to create and write the data because it seemed that the database has been used by another application at the same time..I have tried to locate the application but failed... :blink:

Actually, its hard to tell. C1011 means that DAQFactory couldn't create the table. This could be because the database is read only, either protected by a password, or locked by another app, or it could be that the SQL command to create the table is invalid, or it could be because the table already exists. Try clearing out the table name in the logging set and putting in another name. Make sure and remove any hidden spaces that might be at the beginning or end of the field. Use just "abc" (without the quotes) for the table to keep it simple, and see if that works

Its our own language designed to make data handling a bit easier for real time acquisition. Its largely modeled off of C, but without the parts that make C difficult such as pointers and the ability to put 50 different commands on a single line. We also use endif/endwhile, etc instead of {} and our switch/case works a little different among other things.

O..thank you for the information about that..sorry for late reply..I was busy completing the project..for this project,I just log the selected data with Ascii logging method..I think this method is the easiest way to log data...but for next project I would like to use ODBC..hopefully next time project I can ask your help to share and solve if there's any problem occur in future..thanks again..

Archived