V.W_gust_graph.Time[0] =R_count.Time[0]

// Code snippet from R_count channel event 30 Jan 09

// assignment of max

V.W_gust_graph.AddValue(max(V.W_gust[]))

// if following line is executed, the value added in above assignment

// becomes something like 123333xxxx.xxx, when it should be something like 5.xxx

V.W_gust_graph.Time[0] =R_count.Time[0]

What am I misunderstanding??????

ek

You can't assign time to a channel or v channel separate from the value. If you want to put time in, you have to insert it into the value before you do addvalue. Something like this:

V.W_gust_graph.AddValue(inserttime(max(V.W_gust),r_count.time[0],0))

Note also you don't need the []. Just specifying the channel name gives you the whole history. Note also that max() automatically inserts the time of the max point as well.

I'm evidently not making myself clear.

I want to get the VALUE of maximum of "V_W_gust" into the "V_W_gust_graph" VALUE, but I want

"V_W_gust_graph"'s TIME to be the TIME of "R_count".

I want V.W_gust_graph to "inherit" time of r_count, rather than what it does get which is time of maximum (V_W_gust).

Your snippet of.... IF I understand it from text on page 60 of DF UG, inserts R_count's [0] time into the max of V.W_gust's array. However, I don't see how V.W_gust_graph gets the Max of V.W_gust.

V.W_gust_graph.AddValue(inserttime(max(V.W_gust),r_count.time[0],0))

The way I read the DF UG doc, the ff would set all times in whole V.W_gust array to R_count's current time.

inserttime(V.W_gust, r_count.time[0], 0)

This would make sense, BUT doc says "If you have an array that does not have time associated with it,...." Note the NOT, and V.W_gust DOES have times associated with it.

I'm lost, altho I think I've found our that ACTUAL DF channel "data" is a merged value of actual data and it's time stamp fitted into a 16byte "single" value. And that's why my original code munged the "real" data value.

I'll try your snippet on a grunge variable, if it works OK. Ours not to understand why, ours but to do or die...

ek

OK, first InsertTime() is a function that returns a new array with the data inserted. It does not affect the original array. So inserttime(V.W_gust, r_count.time[0], 0) won't change the time of V.W_gust, but will return an array with the data from V.W_gust, and, as you predicted, the same r.count.time[0] assigned to every data point.

However, in the snippet I sent, max(V.W_gust) is an array of size one (scalar). We then take this array and set the time of it to r_count.time[0]. Since its a scalar, only one element gets set to this time. As I said, InsertTime then returns the value with the time changed, which we then pass to AddValue() to insert it into the V.W_gust_graph channel.

Archived