DAQFactory using 2 monitors

ccdubs

Hi All,

Is it possible to use DAQFactory using dual monitors. Recently I had a problem where I wanted DF to display on my secondary monitor and use my laptop monitor for another purpose. When I moved DF to the secondary that was fine and also worked when maximised but as soon as I went full screen (F4) it would revert back to the laptop monitor.

No matter what settings I applied this was the case. In the end I had to force my Laptop to assume it had just the secondary monitor with DF.

Is this a graphic driver issue? I have tried this with a newer Toshiba laptop with the same result.

This also raises the point whether DF has (or has planned) dual display capability? This could be quite useful for large projects where perhaps you have a control screen and a process overview screen.

Thanks

In full screen mode I believe it pulls the resolution from the primary monitor. You may be able to get it to work by making the external monitor the primary monitor.

Yes, we do plan on making DF multi-monitor. You can kind of do it now by using modeless popups and specifying locations that are on other monitors, though popups are best just for display. 0,0 is the top left of the primary monitor, so if your secondary monitor is to the right, it will have a negative X coordinate.

I personally run 4 monitors, and would run more if it didn't make my neck hurt, so would appreciate multimonitor support.

Archived