How to make the pages show the same values on the slave that in the master

How can I do in order for a page to display the values of a remote connection. I already made the remote connection the default one, and i'm working with a copy of the .CTL that the master computer has. My problem is that i want that the pages on the slave comp display the same values that master comp is displaying. And because is the same .CTL just that with a new connection, i was hopping it started to work the easy way. Is there anything else i need to do, in order to see the values displayed on the pages, even if the pages are calling the same variables that the master computer has on the local connection?

And then what is with the virtual channels? If I'm on a slave computer, the same virtual channels are there but just because the .CTL is basically the same that the master computer has. Do I need to create new virtual channels? Because they are programmed to use the local variables (on the master computer), and if I make the remote connection (on the slave computer) the default one, it shouldn't be the same?

Thanks,

To make a remote document get data and look like the master you have to do a few things:

1) make sure your GUI does not rely on things that can't be passed over the internet, such as V channel and sequence execution. Also make sure you specify all your channels by name, not by Connection.name

2) create a copy of your master doc, add a new Connection to connect to the master IP, and set it as the default

3) delete all the channels, sequences, etc under Local on this remote document. Delete all the V channels too.

4) save the doc. That's all you should need. If it doesn't pick up, you need to rethink how you designed the master document.

• 4 years later...

To make a remote document get data and look like the master you have to do a few things:

1) make sure your GUI does not rely on things that can't be passed over the internet, such as V channel and sequence execution. Also make sure you specify all your channels by name, not by Connection.name

2) create a copy of your master doc, add a new Connection to connect to the master IP, and set it as the default

3) delete all the channels, sequences, etc under Local on this remote document. Delete all the V channels too.

4) save the doc. That's all you should need. If it doesn't pick up, you need to rethink how you designed the master document.

Now i shutdown and opened the client document. I am getting only alarms which are updated after i opened doc. So i need to history of last 10 events from Master. In Master there is persist method there. Here How can i accomplish?.

There is no way to get alarm history from the server unless you make one yourself by using a string Test channel and updating that every so often with the history and then parsing it on the client side. Works surprisingly well, but requires some scripting.

Archived