Displaying cursor position in a 2D graphic

peyro

Hello,

I would like to check wether it is possible to include in runtime (operator screen) the mouse cursor position when moving over a 2D graph component. This information is available in development screen, I mean in the bottom you have the X/Y coordinate of the mouse, but when over a graph, it shows the actual values in that graph. I would like to provide this information besides the MARKERs that you can use as well

thanks in advance and regards,

Ap

There is no easy way I'm afraid. You could kind of rig it by using the graph BoxX1 and BoxY1 variables, but these are pixel positions on the page, so you'd have to subtract out the position of the graph and then figure out what the margins are for the legends, and what the scaling is. A bit tricky, but doable. I've added making this easier as a feature request for an upcoming release. I don't think it'll make the next release coming shortly, but should make the one after that.

Ok I see... Thanks for the answer...

Ap

PD: by the way, I think that a mouse mobile marker is good enough, I have seen screens where the marker is a solid vertical line, that is moved with the mouse over the graph, and the current pointed values are displayed together with the variable legends... just ideas... :)

• 1 month later...
figure out what the margins are for the legends

Are the maximum table/page margins X=1280 and Y=900?

When I turn my resolution up, I can see the edges of the background color on my pages...

I was going to re-size my buttons/stuff to a larger res, but noticed the boundaries.

Just wondering. :)

No, but the maximum page size is determined by the resolution of your primary monitor. So, if you have a 1280 x 1024 screen as your primary monitor, the max page size is 1280 x 1280. If you then move DF to a larger secondary monitor (if you are running multiple monitors), the page will crop.

Archived