Reading channels remotely

Is there any way to read channels remotely from outside DAQFactory, or the only way to read channels remotely is using two copies of DAQFactory?

I thought of a way of doing it having the local DAQFactory write to a file and then reading it's contents from my software, but would be good if it was not needed.

Remotely in what way? You can view your data remotely from a web browser using the DAQConnect service (www.daqconnect.com). If you want to get it into another app, you can use a file as an intermediary as you specified, or use DF Modbus Slave, or use DDE. There are other creative ways too, it just depends on the capabilities of that other app.

Not to step on anyone's toes but go to the Apple application websiteand purchase PC2Me+ for around $10. This application will remote your entire PC desktop to the iphone/ipod Touch. You can thru apples touch sequences have control over your PC desktop. Which means you can control and read DaqFactory.

This is cool and cheap and it works. B)B)B)

There are plenty of products that offer this. In fact, www.ntrconnect.com gives it to you free for a single computer.

However, these systems give complete control of the remote PC and also allow only one person to connect at a time. They have other issues as well. DAQConnect gives no control of the remote PC and is thus more secure, and allows many users at once to view different pages, etc.

For a single user, a remote desktop type tool may be appropriate and DAQConnect is not trying to replace this. However, if you want to share your data with anybody, or you want access to data coming from a machine that someone is using locally, or you want to concatenate data from multiple locations, or a number of other things, DAQConnect is your solution.

Archived