eDAM A/D Installation

Hi Guru, i wish to add a e-DAM 8017 RS485 A/D converter to DaqFactory but not sure how i set it up in Device Configeration.

So far i have added a new serial ethernet device and named it edam on com port 4.

I'm lost as to what the protocol should be set to.

I'm connecting it to my host computer via a usb-RS485 comverter and this is all fine.

Here is the link to the manual

http://www.inlog.com.tw/db/UploadFiles/E8K_AD_V13.pdf

Can you help?

Andy

These units use a proprietary ascii protocol. Its not particularly difficult, especially if you can turn off the CRC. After that, you'll have to use the techniques described in the serial ethernet guide, or elsewhere in this forum. I'd do all your script in sequences and ignore creating your own protocol. Post if you have problems.

Hi Guru not a lot of luck at the moment, i have a disk that has some DLL's that are for Daqfactory but not sure what to do with them. I thought it would be a bit like labjack plug and play. these modules are like IPC7000

Thanks again

Andy

I'm not sure what disk you a referring. While we have some ICP7000 support, that is over serial, and I believe these units are ethernet. The ICP support is legacy support and doesn't use the new protocol system that allows any protocol to run on both serial and ethernet.

So, its not going to be plug 'n play because we (nor anyone else) has written a driver for it. You'll need to write your own script to communicate with these devices. As I said, its not terribly difficult. Review the serial/ethernet guide and various other posts on this forum that cover 99% of what you need. The rest is in the device manual you posted.

Hi Guru, i have found a utility to set the units to IPC7000 I/O devices and am now able to read the data from the A/D using the IPC7000 Wizard.

Alas at the moment i am unable to turn on any relays in the eDAM 8067 but i'm sure with even more reading i can get it sorted.

Once again thanks for your patients and advice.

Andy

• 10 months later...

Archived