Monthly Logging Files

rpauley

In the example it is suggested that the logging be started by placing a "beginlogging(MyLogging)" at the top and that the sequence be marked for auto start. I have a logging set defined but I do not have a file name or path since the path is not determined until the customer defines it at the time that his runtime is executed for the first time and the file name is not been computed until later in the sequence. The query for the customer's file path is executed at the begining of the sequence, if it has not already been specifyed, along with the beginlogging. My question is, what will happen since the logging is started without a file name or path, i.e. they will not be set until the Logging.MyLogging.strFileName =... Need I worry about this at all? Thank you for any help you can give me.

I believe that suggestion was if you needed to ensure that the logging set was started on startup, but after some other initialization. You can also get a logging set to start automatically at start by simply marking it auto-start as well, but if you have multiple things marked auto-start, you have no way of knowing which will start in what order.

Anyhow, in your case this doesn't apply. You don't need to do beginlogging() in an autostart sequence. Just do it after the file path is specified. Doing it with a file path is likely to generate a bunch of alerts because the file can't be created.

Archived