Windows Open/Shut Down Log

kanber

If you have DF autostarting with windows, you could log the start time (approximately) by adding some script to a sequence marked AutoStart. It will run whenever the doc loads, so may not be competely accurate.

To get the shutdown time, you could create a sequence called OnShutDown and put code there. It will, however, run whenever DF shutsdown or your load a different .ctl doc, so may not be completely accurate.

You also might consider using the windows system log to do this, and depending on your OS it might do this already. How you'd do it is beyond the scope of this forum since its outside DF.

I am logging when daqfactory is opened. but I want to know. when is pc shut down and open. I am logging datas by date. but someday I cant find data files. is it logging problem or windows is not running or runtime is not working. I want to konw that and said to customer details about program open/close and windows also.

can you give me example for OnShut Down() function...

Thanks for help...

Are you talking about the restart button on the PC? Its possible that windows is shutting DF down hard and so DF never gets a chance to run that script.

If you truly want to control this, you should lock your PC and run DF in full screen mode, either without a keyboard, or with a kiosk type application running to prevent the user from accessing the windows system.

Archived