Excel Formatting

Rovin

Hi there,

I am using DAQFactory Express along with a Labjack U12 unit to log RPM vs Air Fuel Ratio of my car. I have the Labjack setup with a counter for the RPM and a Analog input for the wideband voltage. I am getting good readings in DAQfactory.

Now when I log and open the file in excel (using delimitted), time, RPM and AFR is in the same column. Is there a way to format the data so that I get RPM in one column and AFR in the other. I don't need the time, because I am graphing RPM vs AFR.

Your help is much appreciated.

Rovin

That is because the default delimiter for Excel is the tab character if it can't determine the delimiter from the file extension. You have three options:

1) make your logging file end in .csv CSV stands for Comma Separated Values and Excel will automatically use the comma as the delimiter

2) when the file imports, Excel should prompt you for the delimiter, make sure and check Comma

3) use Tab instead of the default , in DAQFactory. If I remember correctly, you spell out the word TAB in the delimiter field of the logging set to use tabs. Personally I recommend against this as Tabs are hard to recognize when viewing the data in a text editor.

Archived