Disable Edit Box Component

Hi,

I'm trying to idiot proof my application and have struck an issue. I have a situation where the operator is required to enter their name into an edit box. If they haven't done so within a certain amount of time the current page reverts to the main page.

The issue is that if the operator has started to enter their name but then goes for a smoke the edit box remains active and remains visible when the main page becomes current.

Any ideas how I can stop this? I've tried toggling it to read only and setting the visible flag to 0 but neither of these work while the box is active (cursor flashing inside the field).

Cheers

Nothing simple I'm afraid. You could use an onscreen keyboard and display instead of an actual edit box. The trick is to avoid the edit box. If you had a regular keyboard, you could use the OnChar system event to capture keys. One advantage of this is that your timeout could be based on when the last key was typed, not total time.

At this point in time I will leave it as is.

Another edit box question, is there anyway of submitting the entry in the edit box using the keyboard?

Finally, what's the latest news on DF V6.0. I've generated a short wish list of mods/features, but it may be too late depending on your development. Perhaps a thread could be set up for people to log their own wish list, maybe in the Guru's blog.

No, not really.

A place to post wish lists is a good idea, so we've added a whole new forum category for it, so you can add a wish list and people can respond to it in support. We are always in ongoing development so its never to late to tell us your wishes.

Archived