Upgrade Installation 5.83a

burt4munger

I just downloaded and installed the latest 5.83a version and the 3.15 UD and now when I open the DaqFactory I get the following error message:

The ordinal 3 could not be located in the dynamic link library in DAQConnector.dll

Any ideas how to fix this? The program immediately closes after this and is therefore non-functional.

I deleted the DAQFactory directory and reinstalled the program and this issue went away. I do however still get a message when I try to save a large complex file after it has been running for a while and that has had edits that says simply "an unnamed file was not found" and it won't save the file (ever again after this). I have to "save as" a new file name. Not sure if you've seen this before.

• 2 years later...

Hello Guru!

I am having a similar problem. Lately, but not always, when I try to save my document using the floppy disk icon, I get a pop-up that states:

"an unnamed file was not found"

And it won't save. I can, however, save from File - Save. Like the OP, I am editing a complex, running file.

This never occured prior to the upgrade.

Any idea what's going on? I'd be glad to send a copy of the CTL if you need it, although it is larger than 2MB.

Mike

I'm guessing this is some sort of bug in Microsoft's MFC document saving implementation. It probably came to be in newer releases when we moved to Windows 7 for our development platforms. Unfortunately, it is unlikely we will be able to fix it in the short term, and will have to wait until the next big release when we move to the newer compiler (and thus a newer version of MFC). Fortunately, there is the easy workaround of doing File - Save. And really? File - Save works? I would think it was only File - Save As. That really tells me its an MFC bug. The toolbar button and the menu item are tied to the same code from our end.

Archived