Increasing and decreasing indent on ranges of lines

I really like the expand/collapse buttons on sequence code. Very cool.

Is there a way to select entire ranges of lines and promote/demote them with respect to indentation? I used to use a lisp editor that had that and it's really nice. And/or a user setting that makes the indentation automagical, both initially and on edits.

Also more detailed syntax coloring and the popup window for variable names and internal methods would be nice too.

Like most editors, you can indent / outdent a selection of code by selecting it, then hitting tab for indent, and shift-tab to outdent.

Not sure what you want with syntax coloring. In my opinion, there is such a thing as too much syntax coloring. As for variable names and internal methods, do you mean in objects?

Like most editors, you can indent / outdent a selection of code by selecting it, then hitting tab for indent, and shift-tab to outdent.

OK, cool, tried that and it worked. I was a little hesitant to select an entire block of code and start typing lest the code disappear.

Not sure what you want with syntax coloring. In my opinion, there is such a thing as too much syntax coloring.

But as it is we have next to none. Code and comments, that's about it. I wouldn't mind distinct colors for internal functions, user functions, variables, and comments.

As for variable names and internal methods, do you mean in objects?

Well, in an expression window for a screen element for example, if you start typing the name of a variable that's already been created, you get a popup for matching items. Doesn't work in sequences or events, though you do get popups for internal items such as system.xxx and device.xxx

Archived