Graph virtual channel

ericg

If you have a expression in a V channel, the history setting means nothing. History setting is only when you are using V channels without a formula, i.e. doing something like V.mychannel = 3, basically using it to store historical values. If you have an expression in the V channel, the V channel is just like a macro. All it does is evaluate that expression whenever the V channel is referenced. So, if the V.myChannel contained just:

3+4

Then whenever you entered V.myChannel elsewhere in DAQFactory, DAQFactory would simply replace "V.myChannel" with 3+4. Its not exactly like a macro though, as it doesn't substitute inside of strings, and the expression in the V channel has to be complete. In otherwords you can't do this:

global string x = "foo V.myChannel foo"

this will just make x = "foo V.myChannel foo", not "foo 7 foo"

nor can you make V.myChannel's expression:

3+

and then do:

V.myChannel 4

This is invalid on both counts.

Anyhow, my guess is that you have lots of [0]'s in your formula, which would only work with the latest readings and not give you a history. If you want, post your formula.

The result of that expression is a scalar value. Avg() is always going to return a scalar, so you have scalar / scalar * 100 which is a scalar. Scalar values can't be graphed because they have no history. What are you trying to do? Display a smoothed result? If so, I'd try this:

smooth(OutputKVA / InputKVA * 100, 6)

Note that this is a running average, not a boxcar. You could use boxcar instead.

I'll try that, it's not quite as nice, but neither method is good enough. Really need to reject odd values.

But I also did a max and a min on the data after the average. So I need a better method, maybe it's not virtual channel.

I'm not clear what you are trying to do. If you are just trying to remove outliers you don't need min/max, but instead need something like:

filter(outputKVA / inputKVA * 100, outputKVA / inputKVA * 100 < 50)

which returns an array with all values >= 50 removed.

I also refer you to this post and others where I tell the story of the ozone hole and how a group missed the find of a lifetime by automatically deleting outliers that turned out to be real:

http://www.azeotech.com/board/index.php?&showtopic=3517

Archived