Hidden Password Entry

I'm attempting to get an operator login validation on a popup page. If I use a button, and the onscreenkeyboard = 2, I can get an entry field that responds to the onscreen keyboard, but I don't see a way to hide the entered value (****) for the password field. I've tried using a Password edit control, but can't seem to set the focus to receive that input from the page keyboard 1 or the dialog keyboard 2. Before I go off and try to make something using the OnChar event, is there already a solution that I'm missing?

Also, the onscreen keyboard starts out too small for large gloved fingers to type very quickly (for alpha number lot nubmers). I can manually resize it on the screen, but it doesn't remember that for the next use. Is there a system or registry parameter set to control it's initial size and location?

A lot of people simple create their own keyboard, especially if its just a keypad and not a full keyboard. Then they have control over the size and all.

As for the size of the onscreen keyboard, I'm afraid there is no registry settings that I know of.

ok, so I need to create my own password entry dialog if I'd like to not display the password. My understanding is that the OnChar event doesn't fire for popup pages? So I'll need to build another popup page with buttons that append text to the password edit box it sounds like.

Archived