Internal Web Server Reset?

I'm using the Internet Explorer and settings as described in the Help system to use internal web server for LAN remote monitoring application and it is generally working. However, sometimes after a period of time (variable from an hour to several hours), refreshing the page no longer displays the current graphics on the system. The SCADA page rarely is changed by the user, although the data of course updates once a second. The image will just show a few controls or partial display of the page, and doesn't change again after that. Restarting DAQFactory will reset the display and it will work until it quits again. The question is, is there a method exposed somewhere whereby I could cause the web pages to reinitialize as they do in the startup? I could try just changing the pages back and forth to see if that refreshes them, but it will "scare" the operator to have the main display flash off and back on. Any suggestions?

The page initialization you do on start has nothing to do with what you are seeing. I'm not sure what is causing what you are seeing. Truthfully, if you want to do remote monitoring, you should consider using one of the following two techniques and avoid using the internal web server. The internal web server creates too tight of a connection between the monitoring and the application.

1) use DAQConnect. This is the best choice as it is designed for this and easy to use

2) use the DAQFactory built in FTP and page.Capture() to capture screen shots to files, then FTP those files to a webserver somewhere. You could, technically, just install Apache or some other webserver on the same system as DAQFactory and then have page.capture() put the files in a place that the webserver can access, but I recommend against this. For reliability, SCADA computers really should be tasked to just SCADA and not ancillary tasks like web serving. If, for example, a simple DoS attack was performed on your webserver, it would likely bring down your SCADA software.

Archived