Signature Capture

Has anyone had any experience implementing signature capture within DF, or does anyone know of a dll or 3rd party app that I can call from within DF. I've looked at Microsoft.Ink.dll but can't find much documentation on using it for 3rd party app.

I'd prefer to not try using the canvas component, mainly because I don't know if it is possible, but also I'd like the captured signature to be compatible with other packages that read signature files, rather than just produce a bitmap.

Any experiences, help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

You aren't going to be able to do it directly in DAQFactory (meaning using solely DAQFactory components and script). Well, actually you might be able to using the mouse move event and the canvas control (or even a graph), but the result would be an array of x/y data points, not a bitmap. Maybe this would work.

However, if you can find a third party dll, you certainly can call it from within DAQFactory using extern(). If you found a standalone app, you could call it using system.shellExecute().

I have no experience with signature capture apps, so can't recommend anything. Perhaps others can?

Archived