DAQFactory on wide screen monitor

Gammatech

Hi,

We have had our application running in DF for some time without any problem but just changed to a Wide screen monitor (LG W2246 from LG L1942SE) Although Windows recognizes the new monitor DF pages are still all set up for the original monitor so that there is white space to the right of the designed page. Does this mean I have to redesign all my pages for different types of monitor format. I know DF doesn't cope with a screen resolution change but was surprised by this. Is there any work around or do I have to do a wide screen version?

Martin

I'm not really sure what solution you would expect for an aspect ratio change. Different screen resolutions is definitely something we are working on (scaling of the graphics really), but this will only work when the aspect ratio stays the same. If you go from a 4:3 ratio resolution, like 1024x768 to a widescreen 16:9 like 1280x768 (which actually isn't quite 16:9) resolution there really is not much we can do. Even TV's have this issue, that's why you either get black bars when viewing 4:3 content on a widescreen TV, or the image is stretched to fit. The thing is, on TV, stretching is ok and not terribly obvious, but in a SCADA screen, stretching would look pretty weird, especially if you had anything circular.

My recommendation is this: select the entire page (Edit - Select All), then using the arrow keys (along with Shift), move the entire page over so its centered on the widescreen. Then, if you want, apply a background color, or do like ESPN and put your logo on each side...

I ran into simaliar issues and just had to make 4 different "scaled" pages...

It did significantly change my .ctl file size, but in the end, it was the result needed..

I also made a "start up" pop-up that allows the user to adjust the file (just a button with "change page" to the correct sized page) to their liking...

The one for the bosses laptop is squished! :rolleyes:

HTH

Two points on that:

1) consider using a registry variable to save the user's selected screen resolution

2) avoid repasting external graphics files to save on file size. This is the bulk of the increase you are talking about. If they are the same size on all pages, consider using a single graphic and overlay it.

Archived