No communication, hexadecimal address format

ricmarti

I am trying to connect to a slave device from Industrial Scientific, a model 820 using DAQ factory. I am getting no response. The slave address is in a hexadecimal format on the 820. I was able to connect to their Airaware model with no problems which uses a decimal address format. Is their any special instructions when connecting to a hexadecimal address format? The 820 manual states using 0x when referring to hexadecimal, like 0x10 is 16 in decimal. I set the address on the 820 to 0x02 which is 02 in decimal. I set DAQ factory device to 2, I get no response from 820. Thanks for your help.

All modbus addresses and ID's need to be specified in decimal in DAQFactory. As to why your device is not responding, I can't say. It probably isn't the ID, but could be the address for the tag you are trying to read, or a number of other things, even possibly your wiring. Make sure you are using ModbusRTU, and have the comm port settings at 9600, 8N2 as specified in their manual.

To read, for example, the gas reading, you would want Read Holding Register S16, channel #101 (or 40102).

Archived