File path retention, or lack of....

bull8042

This is an annoyance more than a problem, but at start-up of v5.85 on Win 7, I have to browse for the last .ctl I worked with. It always defaults to the "My Documents" directory.

Previously, the working path was retained from session to session. ("Previously" being WinXP and version 5.83 of DAQFactory, so I don't know where the change occurred.) I have tried running DAQFactory as admin to see if there was an issue saving the working path in the registry in a normal user session, but that doesn't seem to make a difference. So, is there a way to define the default working directory?

Also, instead of starting another thread, I would like to add my vote for zooming and scrolling in the development environment. I develop on a laptop with a resolution of 1920 x 1080, but run the application on a touchscreen with a native res of 1024 x 768. So trying to justify and center text, position controls, etc is quite difficult on my laptop with my aging eyes.

Thanks for an excellent SCADA package. Great job!

Hmm, I run Win7x64 on both my desktop and laptop and don't see that at all. I wonder if its a Windows setting? Maybe others can comment on their experience. Check the properties of the DAQFactory shortcut and make sure the Start In parameter is your DAQFactory installation folder. Also, did you install to c:\daqfactory, or under program files. If under program files, I could see Win7 doing that because UAC doesn't allow you to save to documents under program files.

Interesting that you aren't seeing the same thing. I installed to C:\DAQFactory and the shortcut is configured such that the "Start In" parameter is set to c:\DAQFactory. I am not running the program in "compatibility mode". Under security, my user account(configured as administrator) as well as the System and Administrators have full control, read, write, modify, etc. It is also set under advanced properties to "Run as administrator".

One thing I tried was to create a new project and save it in my working directory that is located on the same internal hard drive, but different partition. When I closed the new project, then selected the "open" dialog, it defaulted to the working directory. However, it didn't persist across a restart of the pc.

Perhaps this is an issue with working from a partition other than the C: drive.

I can't say other than saying its determined by Windows. We use the standard MFC Doc/View architecture provided by Visual C, and thus the Windows core for File-Open. That's why I think its something system specific. It might also be because you are running as an admin. There normally isn't really a reason for running DAQFactory as an admin under UAC.

Archived