Multi Master Modbus Communication

i think it's better explain what i need to do; this is a scada working on High Voltage Distrubution failure

system which has far interval places located cells . In local cells there is some protection devices which are

cutting field at high current failure values. They're providing Modbus and IEC 60870-5-103 protocols. and i

want to use Modbus at this system.A modbustcp to modbusrtu device going to use for

converting communication.Modbus has poll/response architecture. But in this system i have many devices

to check if there is a trip status. So i hear the trip too late.

i think it'll better if i may check the devices via a PLC in local cells. then PLC should send me a trip

information via ModbusTCP when the failure occurs. Here is the question, may i create many "ModbusTcp

device" in DF which has same IP address and different port numbers to eliminate the same time

superposition problem. Or will this eliminate it? thank you.

I'm assuming you mean using DAQFactory as a Modbus Slave? If so, yes, you could create multiple Devices in DAQFactory, all Ethernet Server. You don't specify the IP, but you'd have to specify a different port number for each remote PLC that connects as currently the Ethernet Server supports only one connection at a time. Then assign the same Modbus Slave protocol to each. Note that it is a single Modbus slave, so despite the fact that your remote PLC's are connecting to different ports in DAQFactory, you are still accessing the same slave data.

Archived