Profusion of device types in Quick Device config

Is there any way to delete unwanted device types from the Quick Config dialog? They appear to be embedded in the CTL files. I just installed v5.85 and made sure to ruthlessly uncheck any devices and protocols I didn't expect to use. Now if I start a new project from scratch the selection box is pretty clean, but if I open a project created with a DF install where I wasn't so zealous, I get 20 choices or more in the same dialog, only two or three of which I'd ever use (and likely no more than one in that particular project, which is relevant since the list seems to come with the project).

Thanks.

Another item, not sure if this is a question or request, would be a way to easily cut and paste major elements from one project to another.

With channels, you can export/import. Sequences are pretty easy because they're just text. But some way to copy pages more directly than creating a new page with the desired properties and cutting and pasting the objects.

And an on/off switch for devices so you can quash the cursed alerts when working offline without deleting the device.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, I had forgotten that it's better to just open the new empty screen and hit Ctrl-V rather than right click and select Paste, when trying to copy a screen. With right click, it positions the copied stuff so the upper left corner of the bounding box is at the point where you clicked, so they're in the wrong place, and you have to figure out how far up and left to move them and so forth, and it's a pain (which can be partially alleviated by grouping the objects before copying).

With the keyboard way, they simply show up at the same coordinates from which they were copied, so copying even screens isn't really as bad as I was imagining.

(And yes, I remember you can do overlays, this is for situations where you don't want to do that)

Archived