I broke the channel table!

Nope! Just selected a channel and all (5, not 4) tabs are there, just like normal. When it happened yesterday, I had only one channel defined, and if I selected the channel, instead of the five tabs, only the contents of the Main tab, together with the usual tab title "Main" were shown.

I was having some trouble with the data from the channel and wanted to look at the history in the "Table" tab, but there were no tabs other than Main to select.

Have no idea what the problem was, but it seems to have gone away.

You may have had a resource limit issue. Surprising under Win7, but if you were on XP more likely. Basically, each windows screen element requires a resource and older versions of Windows had a limit on the total system wide resources available, so if you had lots of apps, or just some apps that used lots and lots of windows (and "window" means a lot more than just the application window, even things like edit boxes are windows) you'd run out. Anyhow, as I said, you don't see this issue anymore with the latest versions of Windows, so it might be something else.

Archived