Alignment for all element types

I'd like to add alignment to the dialogs of text-based elements that don't presently have the option, and add description of operation and value map to the docs.

I'm implementing a variable-value display whose expression evaluates to a string (with embedded process values and calculated values), and some of the constituents are variable length strings themselves, so the result length is always changing, and I want the placement on the screen to look right. I have a solution for the immediate case (manually set the .align variable to 2, though this still doesn't allow wrapping), but this seems like a potentially common case, so it would be nice to handle it in the dialog (or just pitch the simplified dialog entirely and put up a dialog with the same list as in View -> Properties instead).

Since many of the properties are common between numerous element types, how would you feel about a matrix showing what properties (field) apply to which element types (record), followed by a single detailed discussion of how to work each property?

Again, I think I'll move this to feature requests...

BTW: did you know that with the View - Properties list you can edit properties for multiple controls, even if they aren't the same control? The list will populate with all the common properties for the selected controls and any edits apply to all controls.

• 11 months later...

Ah, just thought of another approach to doing this, which seems to give me everything I want. Create a Static Text object, set it's justification to center, name it, then write to Component.MyStaticText.strText from sequence. That accomplishes exactly what I was trying to do before. You can size the component, and if the strings that get written to it are all different sizes, they wrap as needed and center on the box. Perfect.

Archived