Export Sequences

RodSwan

• 4 weeks later...

It's never just a 15 minute job. Just building DAQFactory and the installer takes more than 15 minutes. And there are times when the program is not in a releasable state because of other changes. We can branch but that can be involved on the merge so we don't do it often. We may be able to get to this in a few weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

It's never just a 15 minute job. Just building DAQFactory and the installer takes more than 15 minutes. And there are times when the program is not in a releasable state because of other changes. We can branch but that can be involved on the merge so we don't do it often. We may be able to get to this in a few weeks.

Hi Mark,

That's fine... I'm in a similar boat and therefore understand the issues. As long as it's in the pipe line that's good.

Rod.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Matt,

I've found a small problem with the Script Dump to file feature:

Quick Sequences as actions on grouped objects do not get dumped.

See attached example... simple file with three objects with two of them grouped. 

Quick sequence on single object gets dumped. Quick sequence on Grouped objects doesn't.

Regards,

Rod.

test.ctl

Hi Matt,

I've just identified a workaround for an intermittent problem that's been killing systems for a long time. Root cause is still yet to be identified, but basically an errant thread in one of the Microsoft services runs off and consumes 100% CPU (or as much as it can get) around once every few weeks (only way out is then to find and suspend thread, kill instance of SVCHost.exe or reboot system).This caused my one second main timing loop to miss the one second - sometimes by 3 or 4 seconds. It just made the entire User Interface unacceptably slow.

Looking closer at it, I found the thread priority of that sequence had somehow got changed to "0 - Graphs and images". Changing it back to "2 - User Interface" hasn't cured the underlying problem but its made it almost imperceptible to the user.

Having the thread priority exported with the Dump Script to file feature would have highlighted (through SVN of the .src files) the error as soon as it was made.

As it is, I had to manually click on the name of 167 sequences, hoping I didn't miss any, to check one by one that no others had changed and hope I didn't inadvertently screw up any more in the process.

Any news?

Many thanks (in anticipation!)

Rod.

Some sequence items can be accessed via script. It's a little kludgey, and I realize it doesn't fully address the issue of being able to see and document the priority offline, but you could have a startup or periodic sequence that sets all the sequence priorities if that's accessible. At least that would prevent the issue you just experienced.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the input, Good idea, but no go I'm afraid... Apart from more code = more potential for problems it would be ok in that it falls into the script dump so would be managed by SVN, but the bigger problem is that only .CurrentLine, .Running, and .strCurrentSequence are accessible for Sequence.seqName.xxx.  No Priority,

Rod.

So the heavens have opened and rained good things down upon us and brought joy to us all and my life is now complete  :)

Ok, A bit OTT maybe but you get the gist.

Big thank you Matt.

now about these other 47 points on my list.... Only Joking. Lol.

Rod.

• 1 month later...

Hi Matt,

One of the 47 points I have relates to the change for the script dump to file. 
It's only a minor point but is frustrating... 
The "Save as type"  selection on the Script Dump dialog has a small problem. Around 50% of the time in addition to the *.src it has a second choice that is garbage (current example has "Eic!", second test is ok, 3rd test has "Aic!"). Main problem is that when this happens, even selecting the *.src type no files are shown in the File box.

p.s.  Any movement on the Stopping a Device query?

Rod.

Archived