Sequqnce rename confusion

solomem

here is the problem I confront:

I set up a sequence, named ABC_1, which is used to calculate the output a analog signal output0 by using LJTick-DAC, and then I displayed output0 in a variable value component. before this sequence name is changed, everthing is fine, the output0 data can be updated in the real time,

but after I accidentally changed the sequence name to, for example ABC_2, then the output0 cannot be processed automatically but to manually run the sequence to get the new output0 value.

then I renamed the sequence to ABC_1 again, and everthing goes back to normal again.

I am confused.

1) how are you starting the sequence?

2) are the names actually ABC_1 and ABC_2 or did you just use those names for this post? It matters because if the names were actually "btan" and "atan" for example, then you are using a reserved word for your sequence name.

okay, there is the ctl file attached, if you use a UE9 and plug 2 or 3 LJTick-DAC into EIO6~7, CIO0~1, CIO2~3.

There sequence Update01 controls EIO6~7, Update45 controls EIO0~1, Update67 controls CIO2~3, I modified this file on someone else's upload before. anyway, all other settings are fine.

Here is the thing, if you try rename any of these 3 sequence, it will occur the outputX variables failed to update aotumatically, but you have to manually run the sequence. But if you do rename the sequence back to its original, all things go back to normal again.

Can you explain to me why this situation occurs? Cheers, waiting on line

Hey, Guru.

I have checked what you said, it is ture.

And what I did is just simply add

While(1)

endwhile

in all Upgrade_series sequence, they can be updated in real time now.

Here is another question, I found here that if I set up any flow value in the variable value component by using [set to] action, then the matching sequence will be stoped/opened each time you click it and enter whatever the value to flow is. Why? Does this action actually works as sequence start/stop or it actually calls the sequence each time? I cannot figure it out.

Well, you are starting the sequence in the action for the flow setting.

I just use the variable value component to SET TO the flow value, not calling the sequence i guess. but the sequence switch its status run/stop each time I set the flow~ @@ why?

Archived