Channels were deleted after open in trial mode

dle

I was developing a *.ctl file that has more than 10 channels using my development liscence. sometimes, Daqfactory does not using the development liscence but using the trial liscence in my computer. When I tried to add more channel, an error message appeared saying that only 10 channels can be used in trial mode. After I clicked OK, all the channels greater than 10 were deleted

Which license do you own? And if you own a license, why are you running in Trial mode? Sounds more like Trial mode has expired and you are actually running in Express. What release of DAQFactory are you running (go to Help - About).

I'm using the latest version. I have a development license. Sometime the key when I plug into the computer, it takes 5-10 second for the computer to recognize. If I open a .ctl file before the key is recognized, the DF would be running in either trial or express and don't automatically switch back to development license once the key is recognized. Most of the time I don't pay attention to what license I'm running DF unless an error message popup that preventing me from adding a component or channel. My point here is DF should not delete those channels. Is there a way to remove the trial or express mode for the DF running on my computer?

DAQFactory doesn't no any better. It just thinks you are trying to load a document in Express mode. It can't read your mind to know that the hardware key is inserted but not detected. If we disabled Express you'd just get a trial expired message. Better to simply wait the 5-10 seconds that you know it takes before starting DAQFactory. BTW: I'm surprised it even takes that long. Are you plugging it into different USB ports?

I have experienced the SAME issue!

This happened to me when I pulled my hardware key with-out clicking "File/Switch to runtime mode", and DF popped up saying my "trial had expired"...

I closed DF, reopened my document, and my V.Channel list was almost completely wiped out...

Not sure what happened, but I noticed a few screen components, variables, graphs, ect became red "x"s and all went haywire!

Now everytime I leave dev mode, I click file/switch to runtime mode just incase it happens again...

Luckily I hadn't changed much code, I get lost in there sometimes. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

I just had a similar issue. I was editing sequences on my main project, and unknowingly didn't have the hard key installed, but I didn't get the message to re-insert it. Obviously I was saving the project occasionally as I made edits. When I reloaded the project, all but 10 of my channel definitions were gone. There wasn't any warning about the license. I only noticed it because when I finished my sequence edits I saw a bunch of disabled UI elements on one of my pages.

Luckily I have a backup file with the channel list so I'll export/import that, but I'm worried I lost something else or something I changed since making the backup.

v5.87a Build 1972

This has been fixed with the next (upcoming) release. The issue is that when it loses the license it reverts to Express, because that's the post-trail period default. In the next release Express mode will only be available with a startup flag, so non-Express versions won't suddenly, without warning, revert to Express.

Archived