Update procedure (5.79->5.87)? Is it possible with a simple re-installation over previous one?

goblune

Hello,

We are running a DaqFactory development since 2008 based on a 5.79A Build 1574 version...

These version becomes more an more instable (application hanging) ;-((((((

We are considering to update our version to the latest one, version 5.87a.

Question: Is it possible to do a simple update by installing the latest version 5.79 over the previous 5.74... (Without removing key et uninstall the previous one). We don't find any information about updating an already installed/running version on the web site neither in the user manual

If not, is there a White Paper describing the whole procedure!

Thanks for the reply and support.

Best regards from Switzerland.

Marc D.

You can upgrade by simply downloading the trial of DAQFactory 5.87a and installing it over your 5.79a installation. Your license will carry though.

Please note that if your system is slowly getting more unstable, its likely that your script is the cause. DAQFactory isn't a hardware device that degrades over time. It either works or it doesn't, and if things are slowly getting worse, its almost certainly due to changes you are making to your application.

• 5 months later...

I have somewhat of a similar issue. My company purchased a daq template program from a programmer some years ago. This program has lots of features but about once every other month, it crashes and we have to contact this programmer to fix it. I don't know what he does, but he always says it just needed an update. Once he does what he does, the program runs fine for a month or two before the the cycle begins again. We use windows XP, which doesn't get updated so I don't understand why daq or this template has to be updated all the time and will completed crash if it is not updated. This programmer is not cheap and not a enjoyable individual to deal with.

Is there anything that you can think of which will cause these repeating issues or am I being scammed?

Crashes once and then works, or crashes and won't work again? Perhaps maybe the programmer is putting something in there to force a crash so he makes some money every few months? Can you also message me the name of the developer and possibly the application itself? Technically, the creation of template applications in DAQFactory Developer is in violation of the EULA.

The program crashes and will not work again until he does what he does. The program is a mudlogging program, which compiles gas data and receives data from WITS to calculate lag.

The way it plans our is, once in a while the program will be turned on and will just flicker and freeze. Once that happens, nothing can be done with the program until the programmer logs in remotely and does is "update". I have never had the opportunity to watch as he does what he does so I don't know anymore than that. Once he has completed his "update", the program turns on properly and works fine, until the cycle starts again.

I am not the purchaser of the program, I am only an IT staff. I will check with my boss, the purchaser, and see if he is fine with sending you the application template and name of the programmer.

My boss has expressed concern with releasing that information that this time. Our company is dependent on this program, dispite the baggage that comes with it.

We would like to know of any programmers your company has that we could hire to write a new DAQ based mud logging program. I created one last month, but ran against my own limitations and need someone skillful in programming to finish what I started.

Archived