Multiple Instances Of Daqfactory On One Computer.

ntrh1

Please could you advise me if it is possible to have one installation of Daqfactory on a computer running two different ctl files.

I have successfully tried this on a machine where one application is running on a runtime license, and the other on a hardware key development license. My question is, can both these applications run on their own runtime licenses, because when I have tried that, only one application can run at a time, as though only one runtime is allowed on one computer?

You should be able to run several instances of DAQFactory on a single computer with a single license. If you are using Runtime, however, you will need to create two shortcuts so that each runtime loads the appropriate .ctl document. Note also that in general you cannot share resources between the two instances. So, for example, you can't use the same serial port (a Windows limitation), or in many cases, connect to the same device over Ethernet (as determined by your device). If you are using a LabJack, you likely can only connect from one instance due to limitations in their driver.

Thanks for that. There must be a problem though, because with the runtime license I can definitely only successfully run one ctl, trying a second instance results in the unlock dialogue appearing for that ctl. :S

Any possible suggestions would be appreciated.

Are you sure both shortcuts have the proper "Start In" directory? Other than that I can't say. If it doesn't work, buying another Runtime license isn't going to help, and I'm not sure having it on the hardware key would either. I'm actually surprised. We definitely made it so you can have two development instances running on the same computer, largely so that one could copy / paste from one to another. But we never really tested two Runtime licenses. There are just too many ways one can mess things up with conflicts (as described). Its usually just better to combine the two .ctl's into one (by opening two development instances and cutting / pasting)

Archived