Ftp - Active Or Passive

ccdubs

I get the following error code when trying to do an FTP upload.

An error occurred while attempting to open the remote file, Error:200 Type set to I

200 PORT command successful

425 Unable to build data connection: Permission denied

: FTP_Test Line 7 - Uncaught error in sequence FTP_Test

My research on the net seems to point to this being due to DF FTP using active or passive mode and the server not being compatible.

Can you please confirm what FTP mode DF uses? Is this an issue that has been seen before...any other ideas?

I have not heard of this before, and truthfully I do not know which method DF uses, or even if that is your issue. Though looking at the code, it looks as if it is NOT using passive. Start simple: are you sure your permissions are set correctly? Do you have a firewall? Is it set correctly? Can you use the command line ftp and get a connection?

• 1 month later...

I got the same problem as described above. I can logon to my FTP server using passive mode (with FTP client, same logon and password), but default mode of DAQ factory does not work. The error is same as above and finaly the communication times out. I have to finish tho project till January 10th. Could you please help me?

If the above things don't work, you may just need to use the command line FTP tool provided by windows. You can execute it from within DAQFactory by using Shell.Execute(). You can either pass in the required parameters, or give it a file with the parameters, either precreated, or one dynamically created by DAQFactory. The one nice part about using the command line FTP is that you should be able to run multiple connections at once. DF is currently limited to one FTP connection.

• 1 year later...

It appears we are unable to set FTP "mode" to passive in DAQFatory?

I finally got down here to play with the old SCADA and it appears the "3rd Party" internet provider does not allow "Active" FTP connections...(They just upgraded their entire setup, Pason)

I tested this with CoreFTP...

I UN-checked the PASV mode and attempted to connect to my FTP server...500 Illegal PORT command...(Same error as in DF // 500 Illegal PORT command. 500 Unknown command.)

I then enable PASV mode and I can connect fine to my FTP server (VIA CoreFTP....

Will passive mode ever be an option in future releases of DAQ Fatory?

I'm sure I can sit and crunch code for using the command line FTP, but time is of the essence when I'm doing side work...

Any heads up will be great,

Brandon

DAQFactory FTP only supports the one mode.  If you need anything special you have to use the standard command line FTP or another command line FTP tool and system.shellExecute().  Command line FTP is pretty easy to use, especially if you put all the commands in a batch file.

Thanks for the reply!

I did get most everything setup with a batch, but it appears that command line FTP doesn't support passive mode either?

Although the "hooks" are there to make it "look" like it is in passive mode, I couldn't for the life of me get it working...

Another reason for the ole man to get his own satellite isp? :)

Again, thanks for the reply and sorry for my delay...

Brandon

Archived