Screen Resize

Good Morning

I did my application program with a wide screen monitor. The realtime application will run on a narrower touch screen. I see now that the screens developed on the wide screen does not fit into the touch screen.

Is there a easy way to resize the pages or do I have to resize each and every page in DAQ to fit into the narrow screen?

Thanks

Johan

No, you would have to manually modify the screens. As you can see in the feature request forum, this is one of the primary feature requests and will likely be available soon. It is unclear, however, if even then you'll be able to rescale, as much as having scroll bars.

What I do, prospective, when I'm developing on a wider screen than will be deployed, is to put a DF panel element with its top edge at the bottom edge of the area I want to allow for screen elements, and as wide as will fit in the final screen. You could do a panel that starts in the top left corner, the proper height and width, and then draw on top of that, but then you're always picking it when you don't intend to.

So, if your touchscreen is 1024 x 768, your panel might be 730 px down from the top and 1000 or so wide, to allow for the title bar, bottom toolbar, and so on.

I do the same thing, but put the top left corner of the panel in the bottom right corner of the screen area I want to mark out. Note you can manually position the component by going to View - Properties. Also, the screen coordinates of the mouse are shown in the status bar (unless the mouse is over a graph).

• 2 weeks later...

In this case, I made three different "main" pages, three different size scalings for each screen we used...

I made a red button at the top left so if the wrong size res was chosen, they could "resize" their app to fit their screen...(Just leading them to a different sized page)

It did considerably increase my .ctl file though...

I also thought you could create arrow buttons around the edge of the "smallest" res you would use, then you could script it in to move your components around...

HTH

• 1 year later...

These questions might be answered somewhere in the manual, but I didn't find it. I'm wanting to get it to help with positioning components.

Is there a function call to get the document size set under "File, Document Settings" DAQFactory menu? And is there another function to determine the available working space in a document? I know there is Windows function that could be called to get this, but requires knowing the window handle, but haven't spotted an easy way to get the display window handle from DAQFactory. Is there a way to retrieve this in script?

No, there is no access like this.  As you guessed, if you needed it you'd have to go through a Windows call using a combination of FindWindow() to get the handle to the DAQFactory window frame, and then using that handle get the size of the window.  You'd need something like Spy++ to get the exact name of the DAQFactory frame window.

• 4 weeks later...

I've tried several ways to get the handle of the main DAQFactory window so I could use it to make some system calls to get the size of the window display area and haven't succeeded. What shows up in the window as the title doesn't get the handle using FindWindow(), and the other utilities I've tried haven't worked either. Don't have a copy of Spy++ and don't really want to buy the MS software package just to get it.

DAQFactory must know the handle of the window. Is it possible for you to offer a system call or variable that would expose the handle so we can get window system size and related properties?

Archived