Daqfactory Developer

muniprasad

We have purchased Developer license($2999) with dongle key.

How to make license for systems.

We are about 1 server and 5 clients.

Is dongle should be enough to license server as development as well as client as run time or we need any extra key to make license.

If dongle enough, how to create run time licenses in clients.

please provide procedure for above that to make license. We are little bit confuse in making license.

waiting for your reply...

If you have the Developer license, all you need to do is save your document(s) as a .ctl document and distribute the .ctl document to the server and clients. You will need to open DAQFactory like you would DAQFactory Runtime using a shortcut with the path to the file. This is described in section 14.6 of the User's Guide.

I installed free version of daq in both servers and clients.

I configured pages and channels in server. i make a new connection as Remote in client machine. so i got all channels and sequences from server. i configured pages ,some local sequences and v-channels in client.

I make client ctl files as run-time mode.

After that how it will auto license as developer in server as well as run-time in clients.

There probably shouldn't be any local channels on the client side since the data is coming from the server. Typically you want to delete all channels and v channels, and then set the Default connection for on the client to the remote connection (instead of Local). Note that V channels don't carry from server to client so you should avoid using them for anything you want to access from the client.

Archived