Program Comes On, Then Goes Off. No Error Messages

Goliath157

My company has a mudlogging program, which has been written and maintained by one of the employees. The program has never been very stable, requiring new versions to replace old one every couple of months because the old version mysteriously stopped working. Recently, internal company drama as caused the maintenance to fall into my lap. I am having the same issue with the program over and over again, on multiple computers.

The program will come on, stay on for anywhere from 2-5 seconds (depending on which computer its on), then turn off. No warning signs, no error messages, nothing. The original programmer has abandoned his responsibilities to maintain the program. I have been trying to use his most recent version of the ctl file but it doesnt seem to fix the problem.

Any ideas what would be causing the program to do this? The old versions would work for a while, then either freeze up or start doing this same thing. This type of error has been a continuing theme since we first started using our current mudlogging program?

Archived