Importing Jpeg File For Components

What i'm tring to do is to import a schmatic has a jpg file into Daqfactory for the background and placing other component on top of it. From other posting I know that i need to select a component and give it a name. I know how to do both of these, I have tried figuring out scripts from other postings and had zero luck. I have come to the conclussion to stop what i'm doing because it's not working and ask for help. Can any component be loaded with a jpeg file? Is there one component work better then another? Is there a easier way to do what i want to do, can the background be changed?

I'm not a program and i need help with the script?

You are definitely doing it the hard way. Do this:

1) open up Microsoft Paint. Its in all non-embedded Windows OS's under the Accessories in the start menu. Open your jpg file, select the region you want (avoid select All as it will pick up lots of white space), then copy it to the clipboard

2) in DAQFactory, go to the page you want to use the jpg, right click where you want it and select Paste.

That's it. DAQFactory will automatically create a Symbol component to hold the image.

Note that you can't scale bitmap (jpg) images in DAQFactory. Because of this the size of the symbol component doesn't really matter. I like to then make the size of my bitmap Symbol components really small, maybe 50 pixels square, so I don't keep accidently selecting it when working with the other components. The image will still display full size even though the component is tiny. Also, if you do Select - All in paint, you will get a lot of white space and DAQFactory will size the Symbol control really big, possibly bigger than your screen. In this case, with the symbol component selected, use Ctrl-Shift Left Arrow and Ctrl-Shift Up Arrow to shrink it (hit the keys a lot of times until its small)

Note that this works best with Paint. Other drawing programs like Photoshop or Illustrator sometimes put a vector graphic with an embedded bitmap in it which DAQFactory doesn't process so well.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived