Are These Suggestions Work?

minasre

(I edited out the links)

Both make good hardware. MCCDaq was bought out by National Instruments a few years ago, largely, I believe, to allow NI to sell a cheaper version of their cards without cutting into their high end segment. MCCDaq made a business of copying NI cards and selling them for half price. They did the same thing with USB, copying the LabJack in fact. In that case, even the unit's case looked the same, except it was black! So, basically if you want a company that makes a business copying other people, go with MCCDaq. If you'd prefer a company with creativity to create their own products, go with Advantech, or for that matter, most any other company.

That all said, what really matters is what you want to do. No company has a solution for every need, so which company you should go with depends really on your need. I personally recommend going with an external, distributed device, preferably serial or Ethernet, that talks a standard protocol, preferably Modbus. Unless you are doing super high speed stuff (say > 50khz), there is no reason to use a PCI DAQ device.

Archived