Daqfactory.exe Quit Working

KenG

I was working on a project and DaqFactory crashed. Now when I try to run I get "DAQFactory has stopped working" message box under the splash screen. I dug through the application log and found this entry each time.

Faulting application name: DAQFactory.exe, version: 5.87.1972.0, time stamp: 0x4f81c74d
Faulting module name: BCGCBPRO951.dll, version: 9.51.0.0, time stamp: 0x45f84e58
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00136499
Faulting process id: 0x534
Faulting application start time: 0x01ceb5663d13de73
Faulting application path: C:\DAQFactory\DAQFactory.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\BCGCBPRO951.dll
Report Id: 7dd940a9-2159-11e3-b055-d067e518294e

I have tried reinstalling DaqFactory and still get the message. I am not trying to load a .ctl file.

post-8832-0-47737200-1379620420_thumb.jp

post-8832-0-62326300-1379620423_thumb.jp

It dies right on boot without loading any .ctl document?  Sounds like the BCG dll got corrupted.  Try going into your windows system folder (usually \windows\system32) and find and delete BCGCBPro951.dll then try reinstalling DAQFactory to put a fresh one in.  Simply reinstalling won't replace an existing file that has the same creation date.

Yes it dies on boot without loading any .ctl file. I found BCGCBPRO951.dll and deleted it . Then I reinstalled. Still had the problem. Then I deleted it and the whole c:\DAQFactory directory and reinstalled. Still have the problem. 

I had an odd crash, where I was running a CTL without being attached to one of its devices (so it's throwing timeout errors continusously), and it completely locked up, unresponsive to keyboard or mouse, with a dialog box about the crash, but the text in the box was kind of mangled.  Had to close it with the task manager.

Have tried to reproduce it but haven't been able to so far.

I had kind of an odd crash.  I opened a CTL without one of its devices connected and not in safe mode.  Naturally it threw continuous timeout errors, but eventually it crashed with the dialog box in the attached JPEG.  The button in the dialog presses, but the dialog doesn't clear (error probably still exists).

Normally, I should delete the device or run in safe mode in this condition, of course.  I'm reporting it only because it seems to be a change from previous versions.

No attachment, but I'm pretty sure I know what it is.  We are posting 5.90.4 as I write this which addresses this crash.  It has to do with the change in compiler and how variable value controls were being painted.

Let me give it another try and see if it uploads this time (I think I forgot to hit the Attach button last time).

post-4664-0-46758000-1379952299_thumb.jp

Most likely.  I saw this a couple times.  Well, either that error, or simply rolling over the menus and having nothing display (because menus are a resource).  I think its all related, and certainly would make sense based on what the bug actually was.  The funny part is that our code didn't change.  It was simply building DF under a different compiler and different release of MFC that caused it.  Its a multithreading issue and as such can be a bit random, and rear its ugly head in a variety of somewhat random ways.

Nope.  I just fired up our clean XP VM and installed it right from the web and its definitely 2125.  So, there are a couple possibilities (one being that you have multiple copies installed), but let's test the most likely if you don't mind:

1) redownload and reinstall just to be sure.  Note that the date on the DAQFactory.exe file should be 9/21/2013 at 11:20pm (pacific time, your date/time might show slightly different, but by hours and probably forward unless you are in Alaska or Hawaii)

2) if it still shows the wrong DAQFactory executable, delete the DAQFactory.exe file and rerun the installer.  You might have to uninstall first.  If that fixes it, we have an issue with the installer, and we'll fix it real quick. 

Archived