Invisible Leds

It means one of two things:

1) you are running Express which doesn't support LEDs.  Go to help-about to see what version you are running.

2) the activeX controls that drive the LEDs aren't properly registered.  The easiest way to register them is to reinstall ensuring you are an admin at the time.  If that doesn't work, we can manual register them.

I'm running developer so I should have everything. I've now solved it. It seems that when I installed a test copy of 5.90.6 parts of older versions stopped working. I have successfully kept working copies of 5.86 and 5.87a in separate folders and run different versions to keep compatibility with older versions of DAQ installed around the world. It's easier to just send an update of the application rather than having to get them to install the latest version of DAQ. In the past this has been OK but the install of 5.90.6 made some thing disappear. I've now uninstalled and re-installed 5.87a (the version I have most applications running under) and everything is good.

• 4 weeks later...

OK, so you aren't running Express, right?

To manually register the controls, go to a windows command prompt (Start - Run: cmd), change to your DAQFactory directory ( "cd\daqfactory" most likely), then type this, pressing return after each line:

regsvr32 iProfessionalLibrary.ocx

regsvr32 isAnalogLibrary.ocx

regsvr32 isDigitalLibrary.ocx

You may have to run the command prompt as an administrator.

Archived