History Length On Remote Client

Hi,

I have a typical setup of main DF polling from my devices and a client DF  connected to it.

Everything is fine - but the history on the client get cleared when the client DF restart and  another issue - it is not the length as the "server" DF but rather

very short period of a day or so. I suspect it get the history reading and not the persist.

The size of history on the server DF  :   Persist = 3,600,000,    History 3,600.    What would be a good setting with 5 sec poll/point  for a 6 month's history?

In order to make certain I do not loose historical data in case of PC sudden shut down - what is the recommended settings?

I use DF  5.87  latest build.

Thanks!

Hi,

I have a typical setup of main DF polling from my devices and a client DF  connected to it.

Everything is fine - but the history on the client get cleared when the client DF restart and  another issue - it is not the length as the "server" DF but rather

very short period of a day or so. I suspect it get the history reading and not the persist.

The size of history on the server DF  :   Persist = 3,600,000,    History 3,600.    What would be a good setting with 5 sec poll/point  for a 6 month's history?

In order to make certain I do not loose historical data in case of PC sudden shut down - what is the recommended settings?

I use DF  5.87  latest build.

Thanks!

Just a little clarification:   I do not see on a trend window on the client the whole period that I have as on the "server"  DF.  It is much shorter and I suspect client  collect it's data from History and not from Persist..  That means I need to set persist to greater value?

Is that the right concept?

The client will only show data it has received since it started.  Because DAQFactory doesn't know what sort of connection its using (and people have used DAQFactory connections to view live data over a sat phone connection to an airplane even!) it doesn't pull any historical data.  To get historical data you have to use the GetHistory() function.  Do a search on this forum and you'll see a few posts that explain it.

Archived