Visibilty For Panels And Static Text

SteveMyres

Panels and static text don't have a visibility property, and oddly aren't controlled by the visibility of a group that contains them.  If you name the object you can set Component.MyPanel.Visible, but then you have to have a script executing somewhere to do it, vs just configuring the visible property in the dialog.  For consistency and ease of use, it would be nice to have access to a visibility property and also to have them follow group visibility when grouped.

Actually, only a few components, really the very first components DAQFactory offered before it had scripting had a visibility expression like variable value components.  All components however have a visible variable like you mentioned, including a group.  If a panel or static text (or any other component) is part of a group, and you set the visible variable of the group to 0, then all the components of the group disappear.

True.  I had a panel that I thought was included when I windowed a set of objects and grouped them, but that corner of the group boundary was evidently defined by another overlaid object, so I assumed incorrectly that the panel was a member of the group.  That was why the visibility didn't inherit from the group..

Thanks!

Archived