Embedded Daqfactory

rhirsch

Hi,

Has anyone created a system with DF on an embedded PC running windows?

So what I am thinking goes something like this:

I hook and keyboard and Screen to the embedded PC with DF loaded into it. I make a cool controller, put it into runtime mode that autostarts and then turn everything off, unplug the screen and keyboard, close up my box and not DF does its work in an embedded fashion.

Has anyone done this?? What hardware did you use? What problems did you encounter?

I was thinking about using something like this:

http://buy.advantech.com/Intel+Atom+N455+Fanless+Ultra+Co/ARK-1120-3S50/system-21333.htm?gclid=COX15u6zo7sCFSLxOgodFUEA9A

• 2 years later...

Guru,

When putting on an embedded PC, I want to use fbwfmgr to write protect the hard drive so if power is lost without Windows properly shutting down, it will not corrupt the hard drive.  In doing so, I will add exclusions for my log directory.  What other exclusions would be needed for DAQFactory to operate properly?

Other than when you license the system (which doesn't apply for Developer Runtimes), I can't think of any time DAQFactory has to write to the disk on its own.  Of course using registry variables, logging sets, export sets, file. functions, database functions and the like need disk access, but that's all in your control.

Archived