Connecting Hmi Modbus Rtu To Daq Factory And Web Site

svego

Hi,

I have DAQ Factory starter licence..I future if business will grow plan is to have pro licence with unlimited number of tags...

Idea is to have a lot of nuber independed networks that will connect to DAQ Factory via ADSL or GPRS/UMTS network using modbus TCP/RTU protocol.

Later when DAQ Factory brings real sensor values to screen, values will be uploaded to web server for each customer...

I have several types of configuration that I want to install...

These are....

1) sensors...RTU 485 DAQ device .... low cost PLC ( like Siemens LOGO ) ... HMI .... internet .... DAQ Factory ... web server

2) sensors ... GPRS RTU device like http://en.four-faith.com/2164-gprs-rtu.html .... DAQ Factory

3) sensors ... Modbus TCP slave DAQ device ... HMI .... DAQ Factory ... web

Generally, if I understand all of that, there is only 1 master device, here is DAQ Factory master device, others must be slave...Is possible to make option 1,2,3  with low cost HMI ???

People wants to see sensor readings localy, later is nice to see it via Internet on smart phone or tablet...

Do I need to use only Modbus TCP for all this ( multiple master in network ?? )

THX a lot...Damir

Yes, there can really only be one master device, at least on a single serial network.  On ethernet, since a single cable has many ports and can handle lots of communications "simultaneously", you technically could have a device be both a master and a slave.  DAQFactory itself can do this.  Same if you had two serial ports. 

Why wouldn't you use DAQFactory as the HMI?  Alternatively, you might consider having the HMI device connect to DAQFactory instead of the PLC.  DAQFactory would be the master to the PLC, but a slave to the HMI (though some HMI's can act as the slave as well).

As for the web portion, probably the best option is to use DAQConnect.  It is the easiest to setup securely.  You could also have DAQFactory ftp data to your own web server, or screen shots.  It all depends on how fancy you want to be and how much time you want to spend.

As for #1, I do not recommend using the Internet for a fieldbus communications (i.e. Modbus) unless you use VPN or similar encrypted end to end protocol.  Setting these sort of things up really should only be done by IT professionals when working with SCADA systems.  To try and do it yourself is often asking for a security hole, unless you have been doing it for years.

Try and stick with Modbus as much as possible that way DAQFactory can communicate with it without any additional software or custom protocol scripting.

Hi again...

About DAQConnect and DAQ Bridge...

If I want to use eg..15 channel and want to have SCADA screens ( using DAQConnect ) inside customer web site, is it possible to make it on that way ?

eg....www.customer.com/vineyardsensors.html

Can you reccomend low cost HMI 7" or 10" that is tested with DAQFactory ?

Do you have web store inside EU where I can buy DAQBridge ( outside EU I need to pay additional taxes )???

Yes, you can embed a DAQConnect inside another webpage.  At this time you can see a customer example by going to www.hartfordsteam.com.  

As for HMI screens, I can't really say.  You need one that talks Modbus.  Automation direct makes good stuff I know, but I do not know about the connectivity of their HMI screens.

Alas, DAQConnect does not have any resellers in the EU, so you would have to purchase direct.

As for HMI screens, I can't really say.  You need one that talks Modbus.  Automation direct makes good stuff I know, but I do not know about the connectivity of their HMI screens.

Hi again...

What do you think about using touchscreen panel PC with DAQFactory runtime to connect on DAQConnect...User will have fancy controls and monitoring locally on site and on mobile phone...

eg....http://www.audon.co.uk/winxp/cupcp200.html

THX

Yes, that will work just fine, though that panel is pretty low power, so you will be a little limited on the capabilities.  That should only be an issue if you are doing high speed stuff, and if you are going to send to DAQConnect, its kind of a given that your stuff is slower since its limited to 1hz update rates.

• 5 months later...

Yes, you can embed a DAQConnect inside another webpage.  At this time you can see a customer example by going to www.hartfordsteam.com.  

Hi...

I have on remore site DAQBridge, 1x RTU and, 2*TCP Modbus devices which are presenting data values on DAQConnect site...

What should I insert on my web site to see values and graphs like your example www.hartfordsteam.com ???

What should be insterted inside html page.. and what on daqconnect site ???

THX

Damir, Croatia

On the DAQConnect site you have to mark the page as External to make it publically visible.  This is under Visuals -> Current Page Properties.

Then on your html page you need to do two things:

1) In your <head> block somewhere put:

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://www.daqconnect.com/daq/dc_page.do"></script>

2) In your body, where you want the page embedded, put:

<div id="daqconnect_summary" style="width:600px;height:345px;">
  <script type="text/javascript">
    <!--//
      DAQConnectLoader.renderPage("12345FF6-27F1-4724-B01A-6FE58E69FF01", "daqconnect_summary", false, false);
    //-->
  </script>
</div>

Where "12345..." is the uuid of the page (you get that from the page properties where you set the page external) and "daqconnect_summary" is the name of the div to put the page in. 

Archived