"p-Modbustcp 0010: Timeout" Error

okinelin

OK, glad you sent it.  You actually have two Ports in your application, even though presumably only one is assigned to a device.  You have one called "Ethernet", and one called "TOUCHPRO".  Both point to the same device, same place.  This is apparently causing an issue, probably because DAQFactory tries to establish both connections simultaneously on startup and your device can't handle it, but if you disconnect and reconnect, DAQFactory staggers the reconnection.  Or it just never reconnects the one that isn't used.  Either way, if you delete the connection you aren't using, or at least set the IP to blank and the Port to 0, the probably will likely go away.

On a side note, 200.200.200.190 is a routable address and so should not be used for internal networking.  Use something in the 192.168.x.x, 10.x.x.x or 172.16-31.x.x subnets, as these ranges are non-routable addresses and won't be confused for Internet addresses by Windows.  If you don't then when Windows (and thus DAQFactory) can't find the device at 200.200.200.190, it will go to your gateway router and then through it, up into the Internet looking for a device at 200.200.200.190, which appears to be somewhere in Brazil...

If you actually meant to use a routable address, don't.  There are huge security issues with placing an automation device directly on the Internet.

Where? I do not see where the application shows two ports. "TOUCHPRO" is device name, isn't it? .  "Ethernet" is not a port. It is connection name or the type of the communication for device called "TOUCHPRO".  I only have one device called "TOUCHPRO" in the application.   Can you tell me where I can see that had two connections configured? I don't even know how to set up two connections on one device. I can not find where second connection is in the application.  So what and where can I delete? Can you please post a screenshot to advise where I need to delete or set IP to 0.0.0.0? 

But your second suggestion works, all I have to do is changing to IP address like 192.168.xx.  It fixed all problems talked about before without changing anything else. But this leaves me a question of why.  I still don't understand why it doesn't work with IP address like 200.200.200.190, because it appears in Brazil?   

I also have tried other software to connect to this device over Ethernet port using IP address 200.200.200.190 . Does not have any issue.  

I am not using internet. Both PC and device are not connected to internet network.  For security reason,  all our customers would not allow any automation device to connect to internet. But they do use some unusual IP addresses sometime.  

We are talking about two different things.  It just happens that you named them both the same thing.  In DAQFactory, there are comm devices that you create and give a name.  This name is what shows up in the Channel table, and you used "TouchPro".  But a comm device is made up of two things, a port (serial or ethernet) and a protocol.  This allows you to use a single port on separate devices (useful for those using radio modems) among other things.  In your case, you have the one device, but you created two ethernet port connections to the same IP, named "TouchPro" and "Ethernet".  The quickest way to see this is to go Quick - Device Configuration, then select your TouchPro device.  Then you will see in the serial/ethernet configuration window that those two "ports".